Urology/Viagra and venous leak

Question
Hi Doctor,
I do need your assistance please to confirm my case.
I have been suffering from weak erections that do not last more than 2 minutes without penetrating. it usually strong enough for intercourse if i can do it before the 2 minutes then i can continue otherwise i will lose it ad never had it hard again.
I saw a doctor who checked my blood testosterone and prolactin and it was in normal range.
Doctor suspect a venous leak but no further checks were done to confirm.
Doctor ask me to try viagra which i used 25mg of it for the first time and it helped a lot , i got much harder erection , you can say 80% strong as well it last easy without stimulation which allowed me enough time for foreplay.
I want to propose my gf , she been so supportive all the time but i worry about two things please:
1) if this 25mg viagra worked good , can that confirm i am not suffering from venous leak and i do not need to do any further tests ?
2) if i have some sort of venous leak , will viagra always help like the first time or it may fade withing weeks ?

thanks in advance for your time.
John

Answer
John:

While your history is suggestive of venous leak, the mere fact that the Viagra worked well at a low dose does not allow any conclusions other than the Viagra works well for you.  Since there is no specific remedy for venous leak or for any other organic cause of ED, the issue about whether or not you have venous leak makes very little difference in your treatment.

No further tests are required as you have received an adequate response from the Viagra.

Viagra may or may not always work for you.  It depends on the degree of your problem and how severe that problem becomes in the future.  No definitive conclusions about this can be made.

Go ahead and propose.  This is not an excuse.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD