Urology/Just wanna ask something related to varicocele

I am a 18 year old male, went to a urologist 2 months and 2 weeks ago. Check by doctor and confirm have varicocele. The first time I felt pain lasted for 3 hours from the scrotum to abdominal area was 2 days ago before finding the doctor, that time I was studying in my bedroom in the afternoon. Well 2 months has pass and decided not to have a surgery. It is a grade 2 varicocele. I have been thinking if weightlifting is safe for me? Well when I do workouts I always found out that my varicocele veins on my left scrotum becomes thick but no pain. But I always wear tight underwear to support the scrotum. Just want to ask if can I still continue and will it become worst? I just want to ask if you know any acupuncture practitioner with the traditional Chinese medicine can help this? I have found information about it but not sure if it is true. For some reason I have a swollen lymph node around the groin area for 4 years and I just remember when I was 15 years old I found out I have varicocele when I was washing my scrotum and found out about huge veins that can be seen but did not know it is varicocele. Sorry for bad English.

Weight lifting is safe, but you may develop some additional pain in the testicle until you have the surgery.  You may also want to look into interventional radiological embolization as an alternative to tradiational surgery for the varicocele.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute