Urology/bilateral hydronephrosis

Question
I have had Hydronephrosis when I was younger when I was a baby and I was curious if I had a child what the percentages of my child having Hydronephrosis

Answer
Michael:

There is no data on the likelihood of neonatal hydronephrosis being increased just because one of the parents had it as a child.  In other words, we just don't know but I would suspect the risk may be slightly higher than the general population.  This would of course depend on the cause of the hydronephrosis.  Remember that hydronephrosis in babies is quite rare.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD