Urology/Brown semen

Question
I maturbated yesterday and i had a dark brown semen color to it..Which scared the hell out if me. I dont have any other discharge other than this problem. I want to know wat causes this? I am a Drinker and a smoker...ive read that those might be a few of the problems...but i do experience a burning sensation when i urinate..but my urine has no signs of blood in it. Then the sensatioj disappears until i have to urinate again...i frequently urine way more often than most..im 28 and i wondering if this is prostitis or hematospermia?

Answer
Kayle:

The problem is called hematospermia.  Most likely you had a small bleed inside the seminal vesicles where the semen is stored.  This is usually harmless but scary; something like a nosebleed.  You may or may not also have prostatitis.  Contact your physician to check this for you.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD