Urology/Burning during urination and dry skin on penis

I'm experiencing a moderate burning pain when i urinate and i also have some patches of dry flaky skin (a rash maybe?) on the shaft of my penis. I've researched STD's, UTI's, and yeast infections and so far my symptoms seem most in line with a yeast infection. What do you think and how would you treat the issue?

We are not permitted to make diagnoses on this forum; just give general advice and answer general questions.  Yeast infections are by far the most common skin problem involving the male genitalia.  Burning on urination is usually a sign of inflammation or infection and is common with urinary tract infections.  I would suggest you contact your local physician.  If things get worse, you may need to go to an ER for a urine test and some antibiotics.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute