Urology/Burning during urination and dry skin on penis

Question
I'm experiencing a moderate burning pain when i urinate and i also have some patches of dry flaky skin (a rash maybe?) on the shaft of my penis. I've researched STD's, UTI's, and yeast infections and so far my symptoms seem most in line with a yeast infection. What do you think and how would you treat the issue?

Answer
Simon:

We are not permitted to make diagnoses on this forum; just give general advice and answer general questions.  Yeast infections are by far the most common skin problem involving the male genitalia.  Burning on urination is usually a sign of inflammation or infection and is common with urinary tract infections.  I would suggest you contact your local physician.  If things get worse, you may need to go to an ER for a urine test and some antibiotics.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD