Urology/Difficulty maintaining erection

Question
Hi Doc, Thanks for the time.  I've recently noticed that I have been having difficulty maintaining an erection during sex.  I am a healthy 32 y/o male.  I exercise regularly and take no medications.  I recently stopped taking a pre-workout supplement, noxi-pro, that is an amino acid/nitric oxide solution.  I read that some men were having similar issues while taking it.  I have no problems becoming aroused at all.  When I'm alone there seems to be no difficulty either.  I may pleasure myself 2-4 times a week.  Can there be an issue there?  I have noticed that while flacid my stuff does not appear to be very "full" to best describe.  It has remained uncharacteristically soft while not aroused.  I don't know if I am having anxiety during sex or if there is another issue.  I know that during sex I tend to sweat a great deal.  I find myself fixating on that at times.  Also, it takes me a very long time to have an orgasm during sex.  The bottom line is that it's just not working like it used to.  Any insight or direction would help.  Thanks.

Answer
Nick:

I am not familiar with noxi-pro and so cannot comment on it.  Since you have no erectile problem when alone, your issues are likely to be more related to anxiety and nerves than physical.  You may want to discuss this with your primary care physician at your next checkup.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD