Urology/Erectile Dysfunction

I have been facing some problems with my sexual life, first of all during my teenage age from age 12 to 16 i masturbated so much that it disturbed me if i was addicted, years after that i met my partner and we have been together for two months now, i have a hard time having full hard erection, during foreplay it gets erect and before insertion; (if we don't use lubrican't) it bends and loses the erection, and some times (if we use lubricant), insertion is successful but during intercourse it loses the erection, the upper part of my penis seem to be erect more than the lower part and also i seem to have premature ejaculation. This really creeps me out, and i can't satisfy my partner if my penis is not fully erect and hard, we have tried different things with my partner, talking, some kinds of fruits and even seen a urologist but no help. I really want to have full hard erections and maintain it for long. My morning erections are fine. Thank you and i hope you will come to my rescue.

It sounds like you have an ED problem, possibly some premature ejaculation as well.  The fact that you have good morning erections suggests that this problem may be more functional than physical; related to anxiety and stress.  I'm surprized that you saw a urologist and got no help.  I can only suggest you consult another urologist or consider a certified sex therapist to help you with this situation.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute