Urology/foley catheters

Question
I have tried to find this info on the web but have not been able to find specifically what I am looking for. With 5mL and 30mL foleys, what is the maximum mL inflation the balloons can safely hold? How much do you have to inflate each balloon before they rupture?

Answer
Maria:

Usually, a 5 ml balloon can easily hold at least 25 ml and usually even a bit more.  A 30 ml balloon can reliably hold up to around 75 ml.  These are only approximations as any individual balloon may hold more or less without breaking;  I've just givne you what is most typical.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD