Urology/Hard masturbating?

Question

Because of ssri sexual dysfunction I have to squeeze my legs to get excited and to orgasm. Recently I was masturbating kinda viciously (not with a hard grip but fast) and I was squeezing my legs at the same time. Suddenly I noticed that my penis went numb for awhile (maybe 5-20sec) and I lost my erection (maybe because I started to test and concentrate on my penis if it still was numb and did I do any damage). Do this sound that this may have caused some damage e.g venous leak?? Is there a connection between varicocele and venous leak?

-Tom

Answer
Tom, I do not believe you did any permanent damage to your penis.  The temporary numbness was most likely due to some irritation of the penile sensory nerves due to your technique.  Most cases of venous leak are not due to trauma but rather to anatomically abnormal venous drainage of the erectile bodies (corpora cavernosa).  Those cases due to injury are usually related to significant trauma & not just from masturbation.  There is no relationship between varicoceles and venous leak.  Have a wonderful holiday and good luck.

Urology

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.