Urology/inner thigh/groin discomfort

QUESTION: For the past 2 years i have had tightness and discomfort in my upper inner thigh/groin area. I have no bulge or anything. It started 2 years ago after i lifted some weights but after a few months it for better but then i lifted again 5 months ago and it came back..I was diagnosed with prostatitis, not sure if it has to deal with that??..Mostly it bothers me when i first sit down or have to go to the bathroom as in number 2..I use a thigh wrap all the time and that tends to help and well so does when I drink alcohol it seems to relax more.. But the discomfort moves as well to inner thigh groin area and up to my hip area..,,,Also the discomfort is like almost all the time besides when i lay down after awhile...Any ideas of what it could be??..Please help

ANSWER: Patrick
This sounds like tendonitis not prostatitis. Alcohol is a pain reliever and will alleviate symptoms temporarily. Rest and anti-inflammatory drugs are best. (Ibuprofen 600 mg 3 X a day with hot baths nightly to increase circulation and relax the musculature. Chronic prostatitis does not commonly cause radiating pain within thighs therefore I speculate tendenitis.

QUESTION: Thank you very much for responding, one last question You don't think its a hernia do you??..I mean i have no bulge or anything and i did have a doctor check a long time ago..

No this does not sound like a hernia but the only way to tell is a physical exam that I am unable to perform. Hernia's are not always palpable to the patient themselves this is why a physician will put a finger in your groin and ask you to cough so they may palpate a protrusion from the inguinal wall.  

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT

Invervential urologic radiology , urologic laser surgery, cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney, extracorporal shockwave lithotripsy, holmium laser lithotripsy, urodynamics (video-non video),male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronies disease, hypogonadism ,kidney stones, prostate cancer detection, BPH, voiding dysfunction, bladder cancer and continent diversions.

For the past 20 years performing intervential and diagnostic uro-radiology for a multitude of urologic surgeons from New York, New Jersey, Lousianna and Texas. Founder of DMS medical LLC introducing the Texas Medical Center to the first high power Green Light laser for the treatment of BPH just after its release by the FDA from Laserscope and its sucessful trials at the Mayo Clinc.

American Registery of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), American Urologic Assocoation (AUA), American Medical Systems (AMS) Laserscope,Oncura, Allergan and Auxilliam pharmaceuticals.

Comprehention of Urologic Ultrasonography for the Resident Physician (Journal of Urology 2012), Author of the syllabus for the uro-radiology residency course at The Scott Dept of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine Houston Texas (2010 to present). Past Clinical Studies: Principal radiology investigator Allergan Inc for "The treatment of BPH with intra-prostatic injections of Botox" with Larry I Lipshultz MD 2011-2012, principal radiology investigator for Allergan Inc for "The treatment of Peyronies disease by intra-lesional penile injections of Botox" with Mohit Khera MD MBA MPH (2011-2012). Current studies: Principal investigator of "Blood pressure risk factors of intra cavernosal injections of Trimix and PGE1 during Penile Duplex's.

BS from Ramapo College of NJ, Registered diagnostic medical sonographer with the ARDMS, 2 year fellowship of Uro-Radiology and intervential sonography at Baylor College of Medicine Houston TX, laser safty officer in state of Texas and certified in KTP, Holmium and Lithium Tri-boride laser systems from Laserscope San Jose, California and American Medical Systems Minnatonka Minnasota, trained and certified by Oncura Inc Isreal in ultrasound guided argon cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney.

Honorary instructor of GU ultrasound course 2012 international meeting of the American Urologic Association. Author of the the AUA course for "Ultrasonography of the Testes and Scrotum" 2012.

Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Lousianna State University (LSU), LSU Medical Center Shreeveport LA, The Methodist Hospital Houston Texas, St Lukes Episcopal Hospital Houston Texas, Memorial Herman Health Systems Houston Texas, Palestine RMC Texas, Doctors Regional Hospital Corpus Christi Texas, Valverde Regional Medical Center DelRio Texas, Current instructor/technologist for two internationally recognized urologists : Larry I Lipshultz MD and Mohit Khera MD, MBA, MPH at Baylor College of Medicine. I served as intervential sonography consultant for Oncura Inc cryotherapy systems. Former lead trainer for Urosource mobile medical services , training new surgeons in PVP or photo-selective vaporization of the prostate for BPH, BNCs and urethral stricture vaporization.