Urology/pain from urination

Question
recently ive found that when going to the restroom i have a slight burning sensation in the tip of my penis. it feels the equivalent to when you accidentally get soap in it from a shower. the pain only last for a few seconds until the stream is what i think to be at its max. i am sexually active with my girlfriend and have been for sometime now. in the past she was told from her doctor she has HSV-1. we participate in both vaginal and oral sex and until now have seen no symptoms linking the HSV-1 to myself. i have also noticed i have about 4-5 pimple looking dots on the under side of my penis directly under the head. (circumsized)i am familiar with pearly penile papules which i do have but these new bumps look completely different. could this all be a result of the virus being spread to me or could this just be something random happening?

Answer
Daniel,
I would say if your GF has herpes S1 and you are seeing clear/red dome shaped blisters and there is associated urethral dysuria (mild or severe) then its likely you have the virus. The only way to confirm is through a blood test and physicians physical examination. The virus is easily treated with anti viral agents like Valtrex that can be taken every other day to fend off outbreaks. Many people have a partner that has been exposed and never get the virus themselves if not exposed directly to a break out blister. Since pearly papules do not spread or have the same appearance then I would say you have reason enough to get tested to confirm and if so start a regiment of Valtrex. This may very well be something else but to guess is not appropriate and the break outs can get worse and very uncomfortable. Best of wishes.  

Urology

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT