Urology/penis numbing

Question
Dr. Leslie,

I have been having a strange numbing of the right side of my penis. This occurs sometimes e.g. when bad sitting position causes numbing to my right leg and buttocks, this happens both erected and flaccid and it goes away quite quickly. There is no pain but I'm still a bit concerned. I'm especially concerned that some damage would happen during the night (priapism etc.). Can this cause any damage to my penis for example venous leak or priapism?

Answer
Tom:

A priapism or penile damage would be extremely unusual given the above history.  The fact that there is some numbness extending into the leg, thigh and buttocks suggests a more regionalized nerve sensory issue.  You should contact your local physician for advice on dealing with this.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD