QUESTION: Hi, you told me that creatine supplementation leaves more arginine available, as it's manufactured by arginine. I was wondering if creatine could cause the body to react by synthesising less argine or downregulating argine transport.

If not, I accept that creatine didn't cause my peyronie's.

Kind Regards and Merry Christmas

Creatine is used by body builders all over the world and there is no reports of Peyronies disease. They have many detailed online forums where they share advise to better they're physique so I would have come across this reaction if they reported it on any regular basis. I'm very confident this has nothing to do with your plaque formation. The body forms PD from myofibroblastic production of scar tissue type collagen. Its a luck of the draw if a persons body has severe scar responses to injury not supplement ingestion. Do not delay in the treatment of the curvature it is best to act now before calcifications take place.

QUESTION: Here is a forum that shows 50+ bodybuilders who have peyronies,

Do you think it's possible that the body could downregulate arginine transport or decrease synthesis, as a result of creatine freeing it up? I have read that creatine synthesis consumes a fair chunk of amino acid stores.

You say to act now. I have had it over a year. My doctor told me to wait for 6 months to see if it gets better and then offered surgery.  He said there are no drugs that help. It's a 45 degree bend.

Apologies if I'm over-thinking it.

When I say there is no publications in regards to body builders and Peyronies  Disease a BB blog sight does not count as a peer reviewed medical journal publication. If 50 plus guys who body build out of the hundreds of thousands world wide have reported curvature to the penis I still do not entertain the thought of creatine being even a remote possibility of cause because you can not prove they even took the supplement. I would say then testosterone or anabolic steriods were more a likely a cause than an amino acid compound that has opposite properties but that is obsurde to think also. When creatine was evaluated by the FDA for food consumption safety they would have seen a pattern in the clinical trials. Also all obese men who tried to lose weight via creatine would have to suffer the side effect and this has not been seen either. You are going to have to trust me on this one its a fibroblastic malfunction not a supplement that caused your curve.

QUESTION: I have just found out that 20wk creatine actually increases arginine. So I got anxious over nothing.

I have a final question. My doctor told me that there are no drugs that help peyronie's. He told me it sometimes gets better over time, which mine didn't over 8 months.

Are there any drugs or supplements that help?

Many doctors have given up on Peyronies disease because the treatment is not an easy one and all patients do not respond the same. There are medications and supplements that make very nice improvements but no magic bullet has been discovered like penicillin to a bacteria. Here at Baylor we first start conservative and put patients in what is coined triple therapy, Vitamin E 400iu 2 X day, L-Argenine 500mg 2 X day daily Cialis 5 mg (1X day) and many times an addition of a drug called pentoxaphilene (Trental). This combination therapy starts the healing process, next we start a regiment of injecting verapamil into the Peyronies plaque 1 X every two weeks for sessions of 6 shots and then re-evaluation with a penile duplex ultrasound to measure blood flow improvements and plaque reduction. In between the shots series,daily use of a vacuum erection devise to stretch the tissue out and break up the plaque resistance to the tissue. When all of this is done religiously patients have made very nice improvements. Lets put it this way , when a doctor himself has it they come to our clinic and do the therapy,so if it is so called not treatable then why do the doctors come to us and perform such a therapy? Because they know our team is the best option and we have the recovered patients to prove it. If you need a recommendation for a urologist that uses our protocol let me know I will refer you one closer to your home.  

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT

Invervential urologic radiology , urologic laser surgery, cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney, extracorporal shockwave lithotripsy, holmium laser lithotripsy, urodynamics (video-non video),male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronies disease, hypogonadism ,kidney stones, prostate cancer detection, BPH, voiding dysfunction, bladder cancer and continent diversions.

For the past 20 years performing intervential and diagnostic uro-radiology for a multitude of urologic surgeons from New York, New Jersey, Lousianna and Texas. Founder of DMS medical LLC introducing the Texas Medical Center to the first high power Green Light laser for the treatment of BPH just after its release by the FDA from Laserscope and its sucessful trials at the Mayo Clinc.

American Registery of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), American Urologic Assocoation (AUA), American Medical Systems (AMS) Laserscope,Oncura, Allergan and Auxilliam pharmaceuticals.

Comprehention of Urologic Ultrasonography for the Resident Physician (Journal of Urology 2012), Author of the syllabus for the uro-radiology residency course at The Scott Dept of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine Houston Texas (2010 to present). Past Clinical Studies: Principal radiology investigator Allergan Inc for "The treatment of BPH with intra-prostatic injections of Botox" with Larry I Lipshultz MD 2011-2012, principal radiology investigator for Allergan Inc for "The treatment of Peyronies disease by intra-lesional penile injections of Botox" with Mohit Khera MD MBA MPH (2011-2012). Current studies: Principal investigator of "Blood pressure risk factors of intra cavernosal injections of Trimix and PGE1 during Penile Duplex's.

BS from Ramapo College of NJ, Registered diagnostic medical sonographer with the ARDMS, 2 year fellowship of Uro-Radiology and intervential sonography at Baylor College of Medicine Houston TX, laser safty officer in state of Texas and certified in KTP, Holmium and Lithium Tri-boride laser systems from Laserscope San Jose, California and American Medical Systems Minnatonka Minnasota, trained and certified by Oncura Inc Isreal in ultrasound guided argon cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney.

Honorary instructor of GU ultrasound course 2012 international meeting of the American Urologic Association. Author of the the AUA course for "Ultrasonography of the Testes and Scrotum" 2012.

Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Lousianna State University (LSU), LSU Medical Center Shreeveport LA, The Methodist Hospital Houston Texas, St Lukes Episcopal Hospital Houston Texas, Memorial Herman Health Systems Houston Texas, Palestine RMC Texas, Doctors Regional Hospital Corpus Christi Texas, Valverde Regional Medical Center DelRio Texas, Current instructor/technologist for two internationally recognized urologists : Larry I Lipshultz MD and Mohit Khera MD, MBA, MPH at Baylor College of Medicine. I served as intervential sonography consultant for Oncura Inc cryotherapy systems. Former lead trainer for Urosource mobile medical services , training new surgeons in PVP or photo-selective vaporization of the prostate for BPH, BNCs and urethral stricture vaporization.