Urology/prostate enlargement

Recent USG KUB results are-
I am male 57 yrs old diagnosed for Prostatomegaly with prominent prostatic utricle cyst.
Post void residual urine volume -40cc.
Prosate size (5.5x3.9x4.0)volume -43cc.
Cystic lesion measuring 2.1x1.8cm in the midline.
Both left and right kidneys are normal.
Local Doctor has prescribed -TAMDURA -1 tablet daily.
I seek your opinion for its effectiveness and cure and for side effects if any.

Thank you very much. Regards,

I have piles problem for which I am taking homeopathy medicine.
I have osteoporosis for which I am taking alopathy medicines.

Tamdura (a combination of dutasteride and tamsulosin) is a standard treatment for symptomatic prostatic enlargement.  You did not indicate any symptoms so I can't say if it's appropriate or not.  

Side effects include issues with vision if you ever need cataract surgery and a drop in blood pressure.  A small number of patients can have some ED problems but this is uncommon.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute