Urology/Swelling after Orchidopexy

Question
Hello I am 29 years old. One year ago my left testicle was removed because of torsion. Doctor advised me to do fix the right one. It was done on 8/12/12. I have mild pain where the stitches are done to fix the testicle. There is pain in lower side of stomach when I get erection.
Even after three weeks my wound has some bleeding as well as puss is coming out. last Monday I showed it to my doctor and he said no issue, it will heal soon but condition is the same till today.
One more thing which makes me to worry.... I have observed a spongy structure over the testicle(just opposite to the stitched area under the scrotum) it feels like liquid filled up inside a very thin layer of skin. It gained size in last couple of days.

Answer
Sid:

First, the orchidopexy is absolutely necessary but should have been done at the time of the original torsion.

With continuing problems over the new orchidopexy, you may want to get a second opinion especially if it is not getting better and you are not getting any help from your surgeon.

I cannot determine from only your description if the "spongy structure" you've mentioned is a normal structure or the beginning of a collection or cyst.  It could also be an abscess which would need care from a specialist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD