Urology/Swelling after Orchidopexy

Hello I am 29 years old. One year ago my left testicle was removed because of torsion. Doctor advised me to do fix the right one. It was done on 8/12/12. I have mild pain where the stitches are done to fix the testicle. There is pain in lower side of stomach when I get erection.
Even after three weeks my wound has some bleeding as well as puss is coming out. last Monday I showed it to my doctor and he said no issue, it will heal soon but condition is the same till today.
One more thing which makes me to worry.... I have observed a spongy structure over the testicle(just opposite to the stitched area under the scrotum) it feels like liquid filled up inside a very thin layer of skin. It gained size in last couple of days.

First, the orchidopexy is absolutely necessary but should have been done at the time of the original torsion.

With continuing problems over the new orchidopexy, you may want to get a second opinion especially if it is not getting better and you are not getting any help from your surgeon.

I cannot determine from only your description if the "spongy structure" you've mentioned is a normal structure or the beginning of a collection or cyst.  It could also be an abscess which would need care from a specialist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute