Urology/Testicle lump

I am a 37 year old white male who just noticed yesterday after much pressing a hard right lump on top of right Testicle and the testcle seems to move out from under it. I was born with no vas defrens, could this still be a cyst or is it cancer.  It is very difficult to find and when I move testicle it feels ok.

At your age, a testicular cancer would be quite uncommon bu not impossible.  Since the lump seems to be separate from the testis, it is more likely to be a cyst or spermatocele.  Either way, have your physician check it out or consult a urologist.  Most likely, you will need an ultrasound of the scrotum to be sure about what this is.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute