Urology/urinating during sex

Question
husband is 9 years post Prostatectomy . He has been able to achieve erection by the use of a manual pump. Penetration is another story, as his penis does not stay rigid enough(bends/flops over at base)to penetrate.  He is able to reach orgasm. Recently  he has been expressing fluid prior to and during orgasm. This fluid resembles urine and is rather acidic to my skin as it burns if I have a cut on my fingers. Is this urine? Why is this fluid now being expelled? He LOVES the sensation as it makes him "feel manly"--like he is ejaculating again.  I do not enjoy it, but will learn to accept it, for him, as long as it is NOT a symptom of some underlying medical problem. Please comment. thank you.
p.s. anything that can be done to improve chances of penetration??

Answer
martha:

The fluid is probably urine but that's just a guess from here as it could also be semen or at least partially semen.  You did not indicate what type of prostatectomy he had.  A standard prostatectomy is for benign disease but a radical prostatectomy, done for cancer, is a bigger operation and is more likely to have some leakage and ED problems.  This is not likely to be a symptoms of an underlying problem but we can't guarantee that.

He'll need to talk to his urologist about improving the erections such as double pumping the pump, using a different ring or multiple rings, possibly adding viagra or MUSE to the treatment.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD