10 months ago i meet a great woman, she come to Florida to stay for a month, we make love every day and for many hours each day, needless to say this impressed her and myself as well since i am 50. Maybe i am totally incorrect here but i believe after we tried a over the counter contraceptive that was small sheets you insert in the vagina, i noticed it made my penis numb, then after we stopped using it i now had a big loss in sensitivity at in the most sensitive spot at the top back portion. This now has made is difficult to ejaculate in the vagina and now she has to use her hand to make it happen. Am i dreaming or could the contraceptive have caused a problem ?  or what could it be. We tried to give it a rest for weeks but still the same, i think it is permanent.

It would be extremely unlikely for a contraceptive to cause any loss of sensation in the way you have described.  What lady would use such a product if it partially numbed her vagina?  You should talk to your physician or consult a neurologist or urologist to look into this for you.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute