Urology/UTI in Women

Question
My wife's age is 58.Recently on a routine test(No complications) and culture it has been detected that she  has some  minor bacterial infection like small amount of Pus Cell 4-5/HPF,Epithelial Cell 1-2/HPF and growth of Escherichia Coli 75000 Org/ml which were detected on a routine test  and culture basis.Doctor has given her Antibiotics.
I HAVE A QUESTION          1)I was familiar with the term B COLI(only know name,nothing more).What is the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN E COLI and B COLI infection in urine.Can she develop B Coli infection also.

Answer
Krishna,
Escherichia Coli is much more common to UTIs than Bacillius Coli. B-Coli is found more common in the gut and is extremely hard to treat as a UTI in comparison to E-coli which is found in the urinary tract and colon. The odds are unlikely if she has recurrent E Coli to be exposed to B. B Coli is treated by diet vs antibiotic as the root source is in the gut. Women are more susceptible to UTIs than men because their vaginal canal and urethra are open to anything within the underpants especially transfer from the anus only 2cm away. . Men have a long urethra and it collapses at the glans penis not easily allowing bacteria to get into the system. In a nut shell the answer is yes she can get B-Coli but very unlikely if it has not already been diagnosed.  

Urology

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT