You are here:

Urology/broken blood vessel in male genitals


I seriously am thinking that I do have a broken blood vessel in penis/ prostate... If this is the case what should I expect to happen in the diagnos and resolution of issue. What is this issue reffered to? I strongly feel that this is what is going on because I got air pushed through uretha and this problem started occuring there after. Any addition information on this topic? I do have a appointment to see PCP tomorrow I think I will be reffered to see urologist. Thank you for your time, I truly appreciate your time.



A broken blood vessel in the male genitals is a bit too general to make anything of.  Exactly what was done?  What exactly makes you think there is a broken blood vessel and precisely which organ do you think has a problem?  

How did air get pushed into the urethra?  These questions all have some relevance to your situation and the answers will help in answering your question.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]