Hello! I am a 19 year old circumcised male who has been masturbating prone (TMS or face down) for 10 years. I have also been masturbating the normal way during that time. I am still a virgin. For 2 months, I have stopped prone masturbation, and just doing regular masturbation. But I realized that I dont get morning wood anymore or the spontaneous erection during the day. I am worried I have some sort of ED or a desensitized penis. I am also most worried about not being able to reach orgasm inside a vagina. Can you give me any feedback on this? Will I have trouble reaching orgasm with a women? Can I be cured and how? Please help, really worried.

Lack of morning erections or daytime spontaneous erections is normal as we get a little older.  It does not mean you have ED.  There is no reason to think you will have trouble with orgasms when the time comes other than your anxiety over this.  Talk to your regular physician if you have further questions.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute