Urology/Discomfort/slight pain during urination

Dear Sir,
I am a 23 years old male. Lately, I have been experiencing some discomfort in the urethra during urination. I masturbate frequently to be honest like 4-5 times a week for the past 5 years but i've never had any sexual contact with anyone before. Its only until last week when i had a vigorous ejaculation, after that when i went to urinate 2 hours later, i experience discomfort/pain in the urethra. It has been going on for 6 days now. Do you think it is a case of urethritis or just a case of urethra injury. There were no blood in semen/urine nor were there any burning sensation when urinating. But I realised that I have the urge to visit the bathroom more frequently lately also.
Do i have urethritis ? Please advice.

I can't say what the discomfort is due to.  An infection is most likely.  Its not possible to say for sure whether or not any damage was done, but it would be unusual to have any significant trama from a "vigorous ejaculation".  Now check with your physician to see what is actually happening.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute