Urology/No feeling of needing to urinate

Question
Over the last few days I have lost the feeling of needing to urinate.  I can urinate but have no sensation or urge even in the morning.  My primary doctor ran a blood test and had me get a sonogram of my kidneys and bladder with all coming back normal. I'm starting to become really concerned.   Thank you for your time.

Answer
Jason:

This is most likely a neurological issue since things are working OK but it's a sensation problem.  You may want to check with a urologist first to make absolutely sure the system is otherwise working OK, but if there is a sensation issue and no obvious cause, you may end up seeing a neurologist and looking for some central nerve issue.  

Sometimes diabetes can present with this type of sensory loss but your regular physician has probably already checked.  If not, ask him to.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD