Urology/help ejaculating post-turp

Question
I had a turp on 8/1/12. I am almost 60 y.o.
I have a very active sex-life, with my girlfriend, several times weekly, and have not problem with arousal or erection, but need to ejaculate and it is minimal, even with sudafed. always had strong ejaculation prior, know this is an issue after turp. I have very good health, no other issues. will do anything to resume normal ejaculation( for mutual satisfaction).

Answer
Andy:

You can stop taking the sudafed.  The tissue that the sudafed worked on was removed at the time of the TURP.  Your urologist should have told you that after surgery there would be little or, more likely, no ejaculate although the sensation and pleasure is usually unchanged.  AFter TURP surgery there is no known way to restore ejaculation.  The anatomy has been changed too much.  Sorry.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD