Urology/Do I have kidney stones? Please help

A few days after going on a three day heavy binge of drinking alcohol I used the restroom to urinate and it started to burn on the tip of my penis. This pain I feel now is the exact same way it felt when I had my stomach pumped a few years back. Ive only been having sex with one person and I am very frightened that I have stones. Also the night before I felt this pain I was having sharp pains in my chest area witch later on that night moved to my stomach.  Any ideas on what I should do. And I dont have insurance for a doctor as well as a low income.  Can you please help.

I can't make a diagnosis based on these symptoms.  You could have an infecion, prostatitis or urethritis.  Burning on urination is not a typical symptom of stones.  Sharp pains in the chest are always considered possible heart issues until or unless it's clear they are not.  Better to be safe than sorry.  

Low income or not, go see a doctor.  You need an expert to help sort this out.  You can't do it yourself.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute