Urology/Loss of sensation in genital area

I've been dealing with a loss of sensation on the left side on my genital area for over 2 years now. It began after a twisting motion of the penis while hard. There was no pain initially and within the days following only a slight pain when the area at the base of the penis was pressed on. The pain subsided within a few days. Though I was working out with very heavy weights and I believe its a possibility that may have caused the sensation loss. Though of this I am unsure. The area affected includes the left side of the head and shaft of the penis, scrotum, perineum, anus, and inner thigh. There also seems to be a small though noticeable loss of sensation from about mid chest/back down my leg. There is also a pain in my lower back around the sacroiliac joint and a feeling of muscle imbalance from left to right which began within days of the sensation loss. All of this is strictly on the left side. Other issues I'm having with the penis are trouble getting erect along with maintaining the erection, a curve to the left (left side not filling up correctly), when erect the penis is twisted to the left, the left side seems abnormally tight(ligaments?), severe loss of sensation during orgasm, loss of sex drive,

About 2 years after the fact I saw a doctor about this. I was told that I may have damaged my pudendal nerve. He sent me off to a urologist which has a waiting list of a least a year. So any help you could offer me would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information I would be glad to offer it. Thanks.

There may be some pudendal nerve damage, but I doubt you caused all this trouble with some twisting of the penis.  There could be some other problem involving the lower back or spine and I suggest you see a neurologist as well.  Loss of sex drive can be due to prostatitis, decreased testosterone levels or depression.  Your regular physician can begin to look into these areas.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute