Urology/numbness...

Question
I have been having a strange numbing of the right side of my penis. This occurs sometimes e.g. when bad sitting position causes numbing to my right leg and buttocks, this happens both erected and flaccid and it goes away quite quickly. There is no pain but I'm still a bit concerned. I'm especially concerned that some damage would happen during the night (priapism etc.). Can this cause any damage to my penis for example venous leak or priapism?

Answer
Penile numbness is not suggestive of priapism or a venous leak.  It is really difficult to even guess what could be causing numbness.  It could be something like a neurological problem or even diabetes.  The fact that you are having symptoms also involving the same side suggests a neurological cause rather than a problem with the penis itself.  I would suggest you start by seeing a general practitioner or internist to get a complete physical as your next step.  Best of luck.

Urology

Joel Gelman, M.D.