Urology/Pain after Ejaculation

I drink lots of water a day, you could say that 90% of the liquid intake per day is water. I was told by my friends that it's an issue with lots of soda and lack of water. I found that hard to believe since I rarely drink Sodas. I ejaculate on a daily basis(Which means I masturbate on a daily basis). I have no issues with pain while peeing on a regular schedule, but after ejaculating I have a sharp burning pain whenever I urinate. It stings and the pain lingers a while(roughly an hour) after urinating. Is this normal after ejaculating? Could there be something wrong with me?

It is certainly not normal to have a pain after ejaculation.  It could indicate some blockage like an ejaculatory duct cyst or prostatitis.  Check with your physician.

Meanwhile, try sitting in a hot tub once a day.  This often helps pelvic pains.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute