Urology/pain leftside of scrotum n lower ab.

I was at work n had to jerk on a drill to remove from a power pole. Later that day i noticed a dull ache in my testicules above my left testicule. I pulled skin back n tight n i noticed what looks like my vein swollen and thick , spongy, achy, constant pain sharp at times but has not stopped aching. No pain when i use bathroom but lower left ab pain. I have had a hernia on my left side lower ab. Repaired 2000 laborscopic. It doesnt quite feel like that but im not sure. Its bn three days now n its still swollen n constant pain

You're having pain and swelling in the scrotum after your injury.  You should have it checked ASAP.  While it could be another hernia, you could have an infected testicle.  Try ice for now.  Go to an ER if you can't see your physician right away.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute