Urology/penile vein

Question
Hello
Close to two months I've had a painful string like cord running from the base of the penis to under the frenulum. This is felt on the top of the penis. There is a larger vein in the middle of the penis, but this (vein) is to the left of it. It doesn't appear dark blue like the middle one. The pain is normally there when it is flaccid. When erect that (vein) pulses, but there is no pain when erect. Sometimes my erections are not as strong and like an index finger in its natural position - kind of downward near the middle. I also feel some of this pain in the left area of my inner thigh where it attaches to the pubic region (groin area?).

I've seen the urologist and he examined my penis and said he did feel it when it was flaccid. He called it phlebitis and told me to take one 81 mg aspirin daily until the pain goes away. I that for one month and nothing happened. I called him and said to take one 325 mg aspirin daily. I started to do that for the past four days but it is still noticeable. He said it can take several weeks for it to go away.  

What is your impression? Does it sound like phlebitis or could it be something else. I was worried that it was peyronies? Maybe the worrying is making my erection not as strong. I don't have any lumps inside the penile shaft and the urologist said my exam was normal other than the vein that was felt.

Thank you for your opinion.

Answer
Mike:

If your urologist indicated that the diagnosis is phlebitis, then he is probably correct.  The aspirin may help a little, but most of the time it just runs its course and eventually goes away.  From your description, it does not sound like Peyronie's.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD