Urology/Penis problem.

Hi Stephen,
    I am a 20 year old man. I have been masturbating excessively for past few months and facing severe penis pain in my penis. I think I was too rough and aggressive during masturbation. I am suffering from aggressive masturbation and hurt my penis. Is there any chance of healing? I don't think I have bruises, I can not see anything on my penis. But the worst part is that I can not get erection completely. I feel pain whenever I get erection. I think the tissue that holds blood during an erection got weak in my penis due to aggressive masturbation. I don't believe I need surgery to resolve this. I understand that abstinence from masturbation is important. I am planning to visit urologist if this does not heal itself. I just hope it heals itself. But I want to know that is there any ointment to heal penis? If there is any ointment to heal penis like there are several ointments to heal muscular problems. Are there any ointments which I can apply on penis to heal? What do you consider, do I need surgery? Or will it heal itself, if I abandon masturbation completely? I hope to get answers. Thanks

Healing is certainly possible, but if you masturbated often and hard enough to cause an injury you will have to change your habits.  If the erections remain inadequate, you'll need to check with your physician or consult a urologist.  We rarely do surgery for erection problems any more.  There is no "ointment" that will help the penis heal.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute