You are here:

Urology/Skin growth on penis (virgin)


QUESTION: i am 21 and i have a flat growth( about the size of pinky fingernail) on my penis for about 2 and half years. it has some dark spots in it, it does not bleed or hurt, there is no discharge but i feel pinching sensation in it and also at another place on my penis but that area does not have any growth. i am a virgin and have never done sex even oral.

ANSWER: Ahmad:

Obvioiusly I can't give you a definitive diagnosis and you should check with your regular physician.  I suspect you may have a wart.  If so, these are easily treated and are usually caused by viruses.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thanks for your answer
i just have to add a few things i have never done sex, is it possible to have warts without sex?
the growth is not painful or solid , it feels like skin also its a little raised but not like a dome shaped also the growth has some black dots in it

also i feel that pinching sensation and discomfort when i wear tight underwear and that feeling usually goes away within a few seconds and sometimes i dont feel any thing for days but tight under garments usually makes it more.
also if use soap on penis i sometimes feel burning sensation inside the penis near the tip, afterwards for a few days. that is why i usually clean it with water
and the same feeling in another part of skin on penis but at that spot no such growth any idea what could cause that?
Also i went to see a doctor one year ago and he said its a cyst and told me to use fucicort cream for 2 weeks but its still there  :(
i am also having  a varicose vein inside the skin near head of penis on the shaft at the right side an inch away from the growth .
for the past few months i usually dont get a proper erection in that side. the left side is more erected compared to right from tip till mid


Anything in medicine is possible but it would be unlikely to be warts with some level of sexual contact.  Soap can be irritating to the tip.  The varicose vein is probaby unrelated to any erection issue.  I suggest you talk to your regular physician or consult a urologist.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]