Urology/Smashed flaccid Penis in car door help

Question
I smashed my Penis in a car door accidently last night, and when I urinate there was blood also I had an election n blood came out of tip.. I there is slight pain but not bad. Is this something serious? What can I do at home to treat the this?

Answer
James:

You probably did some damage to the pendulous urethra but the degree cannot be determined just from the degree of bleeding.  Call your regular physician and ask him for a referral to a local urologist and then call their office and ask for an immediate appointment if possible.  This is not something to wait on.  The problem is that healing is often with significant scarring which is what we want to avoid and minimize.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD