Urology/Still have a lasting pain in my penis

Hello, my name is Ryan and I'm 21. About 3 to 4 weeks ago, I was having rough sex with my girlfriend.  During the sex I some how came out of her and hit her leg with my penis in full motion. I heard a loud pop and then I somehow hit her leg a second time, the pops came from right below my penis head. So then it was two pops and my erection instantly went limp. So the next day it was badly sore. So I set up an appointment with a urologist on that next day. The doctor said it wasn't swollen and to go easy on it for a week or 2. While having slow sex. So my girlfriend and I have been doing so. We did have sex a few days after seeing the doctor with day gaps inbetween but didnt start going everyday until week two. I've noticed now that I still can not get an entire full erection because of my penis head. I still get a random sharp pain there when I put a little presure on the spot of injury. Should I consider surgery? There are no swelling or bruses or blood etc. It is a little hard in that spot though. Its makinh me nervous. Thank you and sorry for the terrible grammer.

You are lucky you didn't rupture the covering of the erectino bodies, sometimes called a penile fracture.  There is no surgery to do in this case.  Leave it alone and let it heal.  If it continues to bother you, call your urologist.  And don't do this again!

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute