Urology/Stone in Ejaculation

Approximately 4-5 days ago I was struck with crippling pain in my testicles that I thought was a result of vigorous intercourse. The pain lasted overnight and I've had sore testes since, but I thought everything had resolved itself until I ejaculated again and the stone in the attached image came out. Its quite sharp and hard but didn't hurt too badly to pass. I'm on vacation or I'd have already gone to the doctor, I have a family history of kidney stones but no personal history so I'm hoping to get enough information to put my mind at ease long enough to finish my trip. Any information is very, very much appreciated.

I don't believe I've ever heard of a stone related to ejaculation.  I suspect you may had a kidney stone which are far more likely.  However, its not impossible that a stone was stuck in the ejaculatory duct or vas.  But when similar things happen surgically, such as a vasectomy, there is no similar pain to what you've described so I think the kidney stone scenario is more likely.  Now go see your physician.

Ask him about 24 hour urine testing and kidney stone prevention therapy.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute