Urology/Stone in Ejaculation

Question
stone
stone  
Hello,

Approximately 4-5 days ago I was struck with crippling pain in my testicles that I thought was a result of vigorous intercourse. The pain lasted overnight and I've had sore testes since, but I thought everything had resolved itself until I ejaculated again and the stone in the attached image came out. Its quite sharp and hard but didn't hurt too badly to pass. I'm on vacation or I'd have already gone to the doctor, I have a family history of kidney stones but no personal history so I'm hoping to get enough information to put my mind at ease long enough to finish my trip. Any information is very, very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Answer
Mike:

I don't believe I've ever heard of a stone related to ejaculation.  I suspect you may had a kidney stone which are far more likely.  However, its not impossible that a stone was stuck in the ejaculatory duct or vas.  But when similar things happen surgically, such as a vasectomy, there is no similar pain to what you've described so I think the kidney stone scenario is more likely.  Now go see your physician.

Ask him about 24 hour urine testing and kidney stone prevention therapy.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD