Urology/venous leak

Question
can addrenaline effect a penile doppler. I was given the test and didnt pass and barley got an erection but i was nervous. Later on during the day I got a huge erection, what does that mean?

Answer
Mike:

Everyone is nervous doing this kind of a test but to answer your question, yes your anxiety can affect the test as far as the erections go but the test is not to test erections but to test penile arteries and veins.  The fact that you got a good erection later suggests that your vascular system is reasonably functional and your anxiety prevented a better erection during the test.  This is a common finding.  Now ask your physician to explain the test results to you.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD