Urology/Red rash on penis foreskin for months

Penis red
Penis red  

Penis red 2
Penis red 2  
Hello I have had this red rash on my penis foreskin for months now 7 to 8 months I have been to a dermatologist she said it wasn't a yeast infection and said it was dermatitis gave me a cream and it didn't work its still here it doesn't burn or itch doesn't bother me just gets more red with a hot shower or during sex

James, even though you sent 2 pictures, it is difficult to make this type of diagnosis over the internet without the ability to do a physical examination.  Common causes would be a bacterial, yeast or fungal infection, contact dermatitis, or a primary dermatologic condition (such a psoriasis, eczema, lichen planus, lichen sclerosis,  etc.). Infections involving the penile glans occur for the most part in uncircumcised men & are more common in diabetics.   They respond to proper genital hygiene and topical antibacterial creams.  If refractory, circumcison is sometimes necessary for cure.  Yeast and fungal infection usually respond to a 10 day course of medication such as lotrimin, lamasil or nystatin cream.  Contact dermatoses are much more difficult to track down as it usually infers that you penis is touching something it is allergic to.  This can be a substance on your hands such as chemicals used at work, soaps, detergents used for under clothes, condoms, feminine hygiene sprays your partner might use, etc.  The treatment is eliminating the cause and using at least 1% hydrocortisone or another steroid cream as needed.   As your problem is refractory, re-consultation with a dermatologist or a urologist is suggested.  Good luck.

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.

Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.

I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS