Urology/slight pulse/vibrating feeling in the tip of my penis

Question
I'm 22 years old and a few weeks ago I started to feel a slight vibration in the tip of my penis. It would last anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes and happen sporadically throughout the day. I was confused at first, it felt like my phone was vibrating in my pocket but it wasn't. Naturally the first thing I did was go to the internet and google it. Everything seemed to point towards prostatitis but I'm not a doctor so I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about. The more I read I saw that it can be caused from too infrequent or too frequent ejaculation. This made sense to me since I had been on a bit of a dry spell and was masturbating on average twice a day. I hadn't stopped until this point and noticed that sometimes when my penis was hanging freely it felt like it might have been filled with liquid. The only way I can describe it (I apologize for lack of a better analogy) was how it feels after you have ejaculated into a condom and not taken it off yet. Anyways.. I limited my masturbating and after a week and a half it was gone completely. Well old habits die hard and began masturbating regularly about 3-5 times a week. About a week and a half later it came back but much fainter of a vibrating feeling and no feeling of my penis being partially filled with liquid. I don't know what it is and it's honestly kind of frightening. Any insight you can offer would be appreciated.

Answer
Joshua:

It's impossible to make a reliable diagnosis from just the symptoms.  Any unusual sensation in the penis is cause for some interest and concern for problems like neuropathy (nerve issues) and/or prostatitis.  Since we are not permitted to make diagnoses on this website, we can only suggest you contact your local personal physician to determine if some additional therapy is needed and to confirm if there might be any evidence of neuropathy or prostatitis.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD