Urology/my wife

about a month and a half ago I rushed my wife in to the er for her kidneys hurting and she was peeing blood and pooping blood but the doc said it wasn't the so we went to are family doc witch he did more test her white blood cells and red have been going up and down were getting freaked out that it may be cancer because its been over two weeks and the test still hasn't came back she is in so much pain what could it be im scared

You didn't ask a question but I assume you want some advice.  Not enough information was provided to make any kind of recommendation.  I suspect she may have had a urinary tract infection, but this typically doesn't cause rectal bleeding.  A change in her blood coagulation ability might also do this.  See what the family doctor recommends.  You can always ask for a second opinion.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute