Urology/Blood in semen, slight pain in sacrum lying down.

Hi,I wasn't sure where to post, I'm a little worried, so if you wouldn't mind answering my questions I would really appreciate it, otherwise, please direct me to the correct forum. I'm a 28 year old male and my issue started about 3 weeks ago when I had an episode of blood in my ejaculate. The ejaculate was a slight pink. Two more episodes of ejaculate were a bright pink and a final episode before the visit to the Dr was mostly blood.I also had an episode of slight blood in my urine after straining with a stool. The blood was slight and came out at the very end of my BM. The night before the first episode I had intercourse with my girlfriend, although I wouldn't say it was rough.The Dr analyzed my urine for bleeding or infection, and he also used a dipstick...both tests came back negative. I started a script of doxycycline 100mg, 2 times a day and the bleeding stopped. A week later I visited the Dr again, worried about a slight ache in my sacrum and right hip...a very small area of the hip. The pain doesn't hurt when I am mobile, but seems to ache at night. At the moment I am lying down and I can't feel it, so some part of me believes I may be anxious and causing the pain. My question is, does this sound serious? Would cancer related bleeding from the prostate/tumors stop with antibiotics? Does the pain sound serious? It is more of a mild convenience, and hasn't progressed much in 3 weeks. Thank you.

Blood in the semen is almost never anything serious and usually goes away by itself.  The condition is called hematospermia and you can research it on the internet yourself.

Pain in the hip is more likely orthopedic in nature (bone, joints, ligaments) but there could also be some prostatic inflammation or other issues.

I can't tell you if the hip pain is serious or not since we don't have a diagnosis; just a symptom.

Cancer related bleeding from the prostate would not typically start or stop based on antibiotics and may just be coincidental.  

You should check with your local personal physician for specific personal advice.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute