I am 45. I have Lyme disease. I was on antibiotics (3 at a time) for 6 months. I stopped because i was feeling great. My stream became very slow. I drank lots of cranberry juice. I started getting testicle pain, perineum pain, lower back ache, heartburn, and stomach cramping. My urologist said no infection, prescribed Rapaflo (hated it and stopped). Stream is sometimes ok? I dribble after urinating. I have pain under my left side rib cage. Lower back ache. Stmach is always achey. I take supplements and probiotics.  I stopped eating carbs and sugar as I think I may have yeast overgrowth. I am sometimes achey. I just do NOT feel well. This all happened within a month after feeling better than I have for years. Not sure what to do.

I can't address all these problems, but a slow stream in your age group usually means prostatitis rather than enlargement of the prostate.  Rapaflo is a reasonable treatment for low flow. You didn't indicate why you hated it, but you may need to consider a similar medication to help with the stream.  There is no evidence you presented of a "yeast overgrowth".  Check with your urologist for more details and treatment.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute