Urology/Post Hydrocele Scar tissue pain

Question
Hi, I am one year post op having a hydrocele removed.  I have what my Urologist calls scar tissue pain.  The pain is not severe and is more annoying than anything else, a 1 or 2 on a scale of 10.  I pinpoint the pain at the exact spot that had the drain at the time of surgery.  My Urologist is basically telling me there is nothing that can be done about this pain short of opening me up again and attempting to remove the scar tissue but agrees he would not recommend it as it could possibly make it worse.  He also suggested shots of Cortisone to help but again advised that he would be just guessing.  I am not ready to give up looking for options at this point to reslove this pain so I am looking for any suggestions!

Answer
Dan:

Unfortunately, your urologist is right.  Short of another surgery, there is no good way to get rid of pain or discomfort from scar tissue.  Since the discomfort is continuing to bother you, you have little to lose with another surgery.  I doubt that cortisone shots would help.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD