I am 24 years old i have a problem i precum for the last 2 years because of which i feel week and my health is going down my complexion has faded i do not feel much energetic as i used to be 2 years back.doctors have recommended me to avoid thinking about sex so that i would not precum.i am very much tensed please help me out as to what problem this is and how it can be resolved ?


Precum is normal.  Some men might have more than others, especially at 24, but it is harmless and is not the cause of your perceived weakness, complexion issues or any other health problem.  Excessive precum can sometimes be treated with medication such as finasteride, but this needs to be discussed with your physicians as reducing the fluid will not give you the health benefits you seek.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]