can stem cell therapy help if the entire penis shaft or most of it is scar tissue? is there a chance it could get the smooth muscle/erectile tissue to grow back? I am getting a consulation with global stem cell networks, they use adipose stem cells from your fat and inject at the corpous cavernous  do u think there is a chance it could work or am I wasting my money?

The answers to most of your questions is that we don't know yet.  However, I doubt that stem cells can replace scar or fibrous tissue inside the penile shaft.  WHile there is a chance the stem cells might help, there is just not enough information at this time to know what the odds are.  The fact that you are being asked to pay for this indicates that it's a money-making operation and not a true area of research.  I would hold onto my money until there is solid evidence that it can work in cases like yours.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute