Urology/Retrograde Ejaculation

Question
I'm 40 years old and noticed about a year ago that my ejaculations were dry.  It happened all of a sudden - not a gradual reduction in output.  No history of diabetes; no radiation or surgery.  Not taking any medications regularly.  A urologist suggested sudafed which has helped sometimes though not consistently and...of course...I'd prefer to not have to use it. But no one seems to know why this is happening?  Any other potential explanations or solutions??

Answer
Yusef:

Usually, retrograde ejaculation is caused by medications or surgery.  Without either of these, there is no specific cause that has been identified although diabetes and nerve type disorders are thought to be the most likely etiologies.  Sudafed helps a little, but for the most part we don't have a good treatment or a cure.  Unless specifically interested in creating a pregnancy, we don't offer much more in the way of treatment beyond the sudafed and similar medications.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD