Urology/scrotal pain

QUESTION: The scrotal discomfort/pain i have had for a few months now also causes a pricking pain in my inner thigh where the leg joins the body.

I have had bad back pain, lower and sometimes upper, for several years. I think it is due to bad posture. what do you think is the possibility of the back pain causing the discomfort in my scrotum and epididimis?

It's possible that what is causing the back pain may also be contributing or causing the leg/thigh/groin discomfort.  So you may want to have this checked by urology to make sure it isn't originating in the testicles and a back specialist.

QUESTION: I got the ultrasound results and they say its normal. They can't find any abnormalities. They told me to take painkillers if there is still pain.

I still do have pain and i don't find their advice satisfactory.

could there be nerve damage? what other tests can be done?  what could be wrong that doesn't show up on ultrasound?

If you had a scrotal ultrasound and it was normal, then the problem could be either back or nerve issues.  You may want to consider a neurology consultation or pain management.  Evaluation of back pain should be directed to orthopedics, neurology or neurosurgery as that is out of my area.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute