Urology/scrotal pain

Question
QUESTION: The scrotal discomfort/pain i have had for a few months now also causes a pricking pain in my inner thigh where the leg joins the body.

I have had bad back pain, lower and sometimes upper, for several years. I think it is due to bad posture. what do you think is the possibility of the back pain causing the discomfort in my scrotum and epididimis?

ANSWER: Jim:

It's possible that what is causing the back pain may also be contributing or causing the leg/thigh/groin discomfort.  So you may want to have this checked by urology to make sure it isn't originating in the testicles and a back specialist.

QUESTION: I got the ultrasound results and they say its normal. They can't find any abnormalities. They told me to take painkillers if there is still pain.

I still do have pain and i don't find their advice satisfactory.

could there be nerve damage? what other tests can be done?  what could be wrong that doesn't show up on ultrasound?

Answer
Jim:

If you had a scrotal ultrasound and it was normal, then the problem could be either back or nerve issues.  You may want to consider a neurology consultation or pain management.  Evaluation of back pain should be directed to orthopedics, neurology or neurosurgery as that is out of my area.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD