Hi I have talked with you about my urology problems before. I had a pacemaker put in for my bladder after my doctor said that the bladder stopped working. So far up to date it works great. I want to share 2 test results with you. He tested me for my testosterone. I have had 2 tests done in the past they were low. Another doctor put me on androgel the pump 1 for each shoulder. It lowered my testestosterone. It went from 289 to 138. So I talked with my urologist with this problem because the doctor wanted to do weekly testestosterone shots. The urologist said it was a good idea but did not like them because you go uphill and then downhill or something like that over time. So he said he would do beads under the skin and I would be good for six months hopefully. But here are my test results. Prostate Specific AG 0.43 Std Range 0-2.5 that is one the other is Testestosterone, Serum (Total) value 251 Std Range was 348-1197. I am 22 years old as of November 5 yesterday. I was 21 when the test was done. Let me know your opinion on the results. Thanks.

Your PSA is normal and your testosterone level is low.  We typically look into why the testosterone is low before ordering supplements.  This usually includes blood tests like FSH, LH and Prolactin.  In addition, we sometimes will order an MRI of the brain to look at the pituitary gland which controls testosterone production along with the testicles.

I am curious why your testosterone was tested.  usually, we only give supplements if there is a specific problem to overcome such as ED, decreased libido, etc.

You may want to consider an opinion from a local endocrinologist as they are also experts in hormonal problems.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute