Urology/Bumps on Penis

Question
Bumps01
Bumps01  

Bump02
Bump02  
I have bumps on the head of my penis. They are about 1-3 mm in length and some are irregularly shaped. I have had them for about a 4 days now. They do not itch or hurt. They are normal skin colored. They do not appear to be getting smaller or bigger (at this point). I masturbate 1-2 times a day for about 40 minutes at at time (I've withheld from doing so for the last couple days). I am feeling fine. I also had protected sex with someone 2 weeks ago. I'm afraid it is herpes, but I was wondering what you thought.

Answer
Jake:

It's really difficult to make any kind of diagnosis based on just a picture and we are specifically prohibited from making any individual diagnoses as this is the responsibility of your local physician.  In general, a bunch of skin colored bumps that are painless could be veneral warts which are usually due to a virus.  Herpes would have very small, round bumps that would be painful so this is not likely to be herpes.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD