Urology/Erectile problem due to masturbation.

Question
QUESTION: Hi there,

I am a 21 year old guy. I masturbated excessively and aggressively, and now I am facing severe penis pain due to burst of blood vessels. For now, six days have passed, and it has healed slightly. But the healing process is extremely slow, it almost feels like there is no healing. However, I am not saying that it has not healed at all, but it is just healing very slowly. On the other hand, I am regulary showering my penis with cold water so that the blood circulation increases and hope that it heals by it. Today morning when I woke up, I found that the painful side of my penis is hard. The blood vessels and tissues were hard more than the other side of the penis which is in normal condition. Let me tell you that I have a naturally bent penis towards the left side (the side which is paining and hard due to excessive masturbation). I went to the bathroom and took cold shower to relieve it and it did helped me. But I am afraid that I may be on the risk of peyronie's disease. Moreover, my case is similar to priapism also. In priapism the blood vessels of the penis also gets burst, and this is similar to my case. Obviously, I am facing severe erectile dysfunction, anxiety and severe depression because of it. Overall, how do you see my case? Will it heal more or should I visit urologist for this issue?

ANSWER: Den:

Cold water does not increase circulation; it reduces it.  If you want to improve circulation, use hot water.  You may very well have early peyronie's disease.  You are incorrect as the problem in priapism is not burst blood vessels and your case does not sound at all like priapism.  I suggest you talk to your local physicians or consult a urologist.

QUESTION: Is there any way to reverse peyronie's disease? Is it reversible at this early state? Another thing, is there any ointment to treat this issue?

ANSWER: Den:

There is no known cure for peyronie's disease, but there are treatments.  Verapamil ointment has been touted as possibly useful, but it remains controversial as most believe it is not helpful.

The most effective early treatment may be verapamil injections but even this is controversial with many believing that any benefit is from the injection and not the medication.

Oral trental is one drug that has been used recently and it appears that it may help.

You should consult a urologist to determine what treatment, if any, is appropriate for you.

QUESTION: I am planning to visit urologist today. I will report you my condition after check-up. But I just want to ask about certain points.

1) How can we say that I may have peyronie's disease when I can not feel any plaque. Usually in  peyronie's diease, a person can sense it with his fingers?

2) About 2 days ago, I had a minor erection with the same condition and the penis was not bent severely. It was normally bent (the natural bent I have).

3) I was showing a few signs of healing. Healing is extremely slow but it is happening. The only thing that is worrying me is inflammation and hardness of the effected area. Cold showers relieve pain for me.

Do you still think I can not recover? Can I take homeopathy treatment for it?

Answer
Den:

In Peyronie's disease, there is almost always a plaque.  This can usually be felt by a skilled physician who knows what to look for.  It may not be obvious to a layperson or it may be in an area that is not easily examined.

There is no known homeopathy treatment for this type of problem that I am aware of.

I never said you couldn't recover; only that true Peyronie's disease cannot be reversed by medical treatment most of the time.  Maybe you don't have Peyronie's.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD