Urology/oozing semen

I am 68 years old and when I ejaculate my semen oozes out instead of shooting out.
This has been happening for about 18 months.
I have had my prostate checked by a doctor and he seen nothing unusual.
I do not get up more than once a night to urinate.
I have no pain when I urinate.
I seem to empty my bladder when I urinate.
I have dribbling on occasions and then I do the exercises to help.
I have no burning when I urinate.
Is this an age problem?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

The decrease in the force of semen excretion is almost certainly the prostate and the internal sphincter.  You are doing exercises for dribbling which are actually strengthening the internal sphincter muscle.  When this muscle weakens, some of the semen goes backwards into the bladder instead of out and this then appears like a weakened force of semen.  Continue to do the exercises even when you don't have dribbling and see if that helps.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute